Saturday 25 January 2020

Munda Bindi - Albany to Warpole

Its a new year, and with it comes a review of the 'epic rides' lists and a burst of enthusism that maybe this year we'll check a few off the list.  
The 1000 km off-road Mudda Biddi track from Albany to Perth was one of the rides on that list.
So with newly purchased fat bike in a box I headed west for a 5 day 'shakedown' ride from Albany to Warpole.
 
My goals of the ride are;  
* To work out what I can comfortably ride in a day, to better plan an Itineray for a Mudda Bindi end-to-end ride in the cooler months (probably around Easter).
* To understand how 'fat bike' off road bike tour riding differs from road based tour bike riding.
* To justify the indulgent purchase of a 'fat bike' - a bike using my mantra "If you ride 1km for every dollar you spent on it, the purchase price it doesn't matter"

So I put the bike in a box, booked flights, and headed to WA.

No comments:

Post a Comment